REASONS TO BECOME A MEMBER:
- You are elligible to receive up to 2 hours of free personal genealogy assistance by a member of our research team.
- Your membership helps in the financial support of programs, speakers and society activities.
- Monthly meetings featuring guest lecturers discussing current genealogy and family history topics.
- Special Interest Groups (SIGs) designed to assist members with their genealogy research and education.
- Access to the "Members Only" section on our website featuring society publications, access to Member Forums, and society documents.
- Surname Database - Members can enter as much surname information into our surname database as they wish.
- Discounted pricing for Special Events.
- Email reminders of upcoming programs and events.
Your membership in the Marion County Genealogical Society is on a calendar year basis. Any membership beginning in the fourth quarter of the year is automatically renewed for the following calendar year. We have three membership plans: Individual, Household and Lifetime.
ONLINE JOIN (New Members) - You can use this feature, by clicking on the GO JOIN button below, in one of three ways to join and pay. – Provide your personal data into the on-line membership form and pay using your PayPal account, or using a credit card through PayPal (you do not need a PayPal account), or you can pay by printing out the invoice and mailing it with your check to MCGS or hand deliver to the Membership/Treasurer. GO JOIN
ONLINE RENEW (Existing Members) - Since we have your profile information, by clicking on the GO RENEW button below, you will log into your Profile page to renew. (if you need a refresher video on renewing membership click HERE ). If your profile does not need to be updated click on the renew membership button. It is easy to update and pay using your PayPal account, a credit card through PayPal, or you can pay by check by printing out an invoice and mailing it with your check to MCGS or hand deliver to the Membership/Treasurer. We allow a two month grace period for expired memberships, and you can renew within 30 days of the end of the year. Starting in the month of December, a dues notice for renewal will appear above your member profile page. GO RENEW